Last week throughout our Talent Fair event I learned how to sew my little Drawstring Bag. Together with the host of this workshop – Lucija, we called this baggy “for 2 lemons”. You can see this cuttie creature from the photo. But it’s really simple and with this post I just want to encourage you to prepare smth with your beautiful hands during #quarantinetime.
Besides, it is really easy beginner sewing project. It doesn’t take too long, 40 min let’s say. And what’s more – you get something useful while learning from yourself.
Supplies:1/3 yd of fabric, twill tape, cotton cording – 1 yard
1. Cut your fabric into 2 pieces that measure 10 inches ×13 inches
2. Lay your 2 pieces on top of each other, right sides together and stitch 3 sides
3. Stitch into place around top opening
4. Stitch bottom edge to form casing
5. Cut ties into 2 long pieces. Thread one through one casing , go across the gap and back through the other casing using a safety pin and tie ends together. You should have 2 handles, and when you pull both of them, the bag will close.
6. Now pat yourself on the back and find something to carry in your bag…
The project “YOU are the EU” is funded by the Agency for Mobility and EU programmes withing the program European Solidarity Corps.